1. The ASEAN Para Sports Federation (APSF), via an official statement issued on 13 February 2020, has made a decision on the status of the 10th ASEAN Para Games scheduled to be hosted by Philippines this year. Due to the worsening COVID-19 global outbreak, APSF has agreed that the ASEAN Para Games Philippines 2020, originally scheduled from 21st to 27th March 2020, be postponed to a date to be indefinitely determined.
2. It was agreed that once COVID-19 is effectively controlled, the 10th ASEAN Para Games Philippines 2020 should be held within the year 2020 with the Philippines to notify APSF at least 60 days before the commencement of the Games. This is to allow time for the APSF Coordination Committee to inspect Games facilities and the host’s readiness.
3. Following up on this decision, the APSF Board of Governors, will convene an Emergency Meeting on 16th and 27th March 2020 to further discuss on the matter.
4. Adhering to the current travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the APSF Board of Governors emergency meeting will be held via video conference from BTC-2-Board Room, Philippines Organising Committee Headquarters (Cisco WebEx, Shoretel Teleconferencing).
5. The Board of Governors is the Federation’s governing and highest decision-making authority comprising all Presidents (or their alternates) of member-nations.
6. Pertinent matters to be deliberated include the current COVID-19 situation affecting member-nations and their respective contingents and the best possible dates for the 10th ASEAN Para Games.
7. Other matters include the on-going steps and overall level of preparedness by Philippines ASEAN Para Games Organising Committee (PHILAPGOC) towards the staging of the 10th ASEAN Para Games.
8. APSF wish to record its thanks and appreciation to all its Executive Committee (EXCO) members, Board of Governors, National Paralympic Committees (NPCs), APSF Directors, Classifiers, Technical Delegates, International Technical officials, sponsors and members of the media for their kind understanding and support. Thank you.
SENIOR COLONEL WANDEE TOSUWAN
ASEAN PARA SPORTS FEDERATION (APSF)
13th March, 2020