12th ASEAN Para Games Cambodia 2023 Coordination Meeting, Phnom Penh
His Excellency Vath Chamroeun
Chief Executive Officer,
Cambodia ASEAN Para Games Organising Committee (CAMAPGOC)
Senior Colonel Dr Wandee Tosuwan,
APSF Secretary General
NPC President, Delegates and Representatives,
Good morning and warm regards,
1. On behalf of the APSF and Asean Paralympic family, I wish to extend my heartfelt thanks to CAMAPGOC for giving us this opportunity to be part of this 12th ASEAN Para Games meeting today.
2. This is indeed exciting times for us in the ASEAN paralympic family as we gear up for two major Games — the 11th ASEAN Para Games in Solo and the 12th ASEAN Para Games in Cambodia in a space of 11 months.
3. The last 4 years has been difficult as two of our Games were cancelled due to the pandemic. Our athletes are now itching to get back in action. We look forward to an exciting action as the Solo Games gets underway in just 19 days.
4. There were many challenges, obstacles and shortcomings. That I have to admit. But with the close collaboration, high level of commitment and tireless efforts by INASPOC, NPC Indonesia and APSF, we manage to clear all obstacles and is now waiting for the Games to happen.
5. And as we look forward to the 12th ASEAN Para Games, I wish to thank CAMAPGOC for the great efforts in preparing the 2023 Games in June next. We look forward to working hand in hand with CAMAPGOC in all areas to ensure smooth delivery of the Games which is the first major Para Games to be organized in Cambodia.
6. Again, I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation to CAMAPGOC, President and representatives from all NPCs who are here today.
7. I wish everyone all the best…have a productive meeting and a fruitful discussion.