Opening Speech by APSF President at the Official Opening Ceremony of the 11th ASEAN Para Games Solo 2022
Your Excellency, Mr K.H. MA’RUF AMIN
Vice President of Republic of Indonesia
• Honourable, Mr ZAINUDIN AMALI
Minister of Youth and Sports
• Mr SENNY MARBUN
Chairman, National Paralympic Committee of Indonesia
• Mr. GIBRAN RAKAMBUMING RAKA
Chairman of Indonesia ASEAN Para Games Organising Committee (INASPOC)
• ASEAN Para Sports Federation Board of Governors and EXCO members
• Members of the Local Organising Committee, INASPOC
• Distinguished Guests, Athletes, Officials, Ladies and Gentlemen
1. On behalf of the ASEAN Para Sports Federation (APSF), and with great honour and privilege, I welcome you here tonight…to this beautiful city of Solo for the opening of the 11th ASEAN PARA GAMES Solo 2022!
2. For four long years, the ASEAN Paralympic community have been waiting for this moment. It has now, arrived. We look forward to renewing our solidarity and friendship. We look forward to being inspired, rejuvenating our strength through sports, to savour the magical moments of the ASEAN Para Games! Thank You Solo, Thank You Indonesia for this moment!
3. In the next seven days, be prepared for many inspiring actions and achievements by our 1,248 athletes and 534 officials. They will be competing in 924 events, for the 453 medals at stake. Let’s empower them with our fullest support, and greatest encouragement for them to continue scaling greater heights in sports, and life!
4. I would like to take this opportunity to record my special gratitude to the Indonesian Government for the unwavering commitment to bringing the 11th ASEAN Para Games here in Solo. All this, in less than five months of preparation and not to mention, the global Covid-19 pandemic which continues to be a health threat to us.
As owner of the Games, APSF has been collaborating closely with all parties. Thank you to the Ministry of Youth and Sports KEMENPORA under the leadership of PAK ZAINUDIN, the Indonesia ASEAN Para Games Organising Committee INASPOC led by Mr GIBRAN, and the National Paralympic Committee of Indonesia under the leadership of PAK SENNY MARBUN. Your continuous commitment, dedication and leadership will continue to inspire us.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
5. We will continue to strive for the betterment of our ASEAN paralympic community, through the creation of many more sporting platforms for our athletes and persons with a disability. Together, in one voice, we continue to champion inclusivity and equality, empower our youth and “TO WIN TOGETHER!”
6. Tonight as we await for the Games cauldron to lit up, let’s congratulate Solo and its friendly people for the great hospitality.
7. Special thanks to all 11 participating contingents, the hundreds of officials and volunteers, as well as the thousands of fans who are here celebrating tonight, with a common aim of “STRIVING FOR EQUALITY“.
8. To athletes, you have waited long enough for tonight to happen. Compete fairly, with a true spirit of sportsmanship. Excite the world with your courage, and make a difference with your achievement! “TOGETHER WE WIN”.
Thank you. MATUR NUWUN!