MAJOR GENERAL OSOTH BHAVILAI
President of ASEAN Para Sports Federation (APSF)
PRE-CLOSING CEREMONY PRESS CONFERENCE
Main Press Centre , Morodok Techo Stadium
Thursday • 8 June 2023 • 5.00pm
His Excellency Yi Veasna
Deputy Secretary General of CAMAPGOC
His Excellency Phos Sovann,
Director General of General Department of Information and Broadcasting, and
Chairman of Broadcast and Media Committee of CAMAPGOC
Senior Colonel Dr Wandee Tosuwan
APSF Secretary General
Friends from the media,
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen.
1. Good afternoon and warm greetings. Thank you for attending today’s Press Conference, which marks the end of the 12th ASEAN Par Games Cambodia 2023, tomorrow.
2. I am happy to note that the 12th ASEAN Para Games has progressed well, but at the same time, sad that we are nearing the end of the Games.
3. On behalf of the APSF Board and Executive Committee, I wish to thank the government of Cambodia, CAMPAGOC, Excellencies Vath Chamreoun and Yi Veasna at CAMAPGOC for their tireless effort in ensuring a smooth Games. Also to His Excellency Phos Sovann, for facilitating members of the media and broadcasters with a conducive working environment and facilities here throughout the Games.
4. Tomorrow night, the Games come to an end. We will say our goodbyes to each other. But I hope, the great work that has been done here, in promoting para-sports and the cause of our athletes, continues. I am grateful that the media has done great in highlighting the achievement of our athletes in the 12th ASEAN Para Games.
5. Despite hosting the Games for the first time, we can see a lot of progress in many areas. I’ve visited most of the competitions at venues and I can say that Cambodia has done well in delivering the Games. Cambodia 2023 has met not only our expectations but the expectation of member countries and athletes as well. Thank You Cambodia, Thank You Excellency Veasna, Thank You Excellency Phos Sovan and your team.
6. Lastly, I wish to thank everyone who has contributed towards the success of the Games, the media, officials, volunteers and all related agencies, organisations and parties.
7. On that note, I invite Secretary-General Colonel Wandee to deliver some assessment on the organizational aspects of the Games.
Thank you, and see you at the Closing Ceremony tomorrow.
Thank you. OR-KUN.